Wednesday, May 21, 2014

48


Yesterday I was 48! I had champagne and strawberries for breakfast and was serenaded (if you can be serenaded at breakfast time?) as per our birthday tradition, by Peter Sellers. I planted leeks and John and I put in the stakes for the tomato plants. I rescued tadpoles from my watering can numerous times and had coffee with our neighbours who called by to wish me a happy birthday. I collected my Mum and sister from the airport.  My friend Sarah called by with a beautiful birthday present.  We had a lovely supper followed by opening presents and eating an outrageous icecream cake from chez Boutonnet in Villefranche. A good day.

6 comments:

  1. Bonne anniversaire! It must be your year in the Chinese calendar too (being a multiple of 12), so let's hope for some extra pleasures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Olga,
      Did you by any chance listen to the Peter Sellers? It's a hoot but makes me cry every time - soppy date that I am...

      Delete
    2. Yes Meabh, I am a great admirer of the genius of Peter Sellers, and am fond of this track myself.

      Delete
  2. Just browsing through this new blog of yours (which isn't so new anymore!) and saw this post - so a belated Happy Birthday to you! Will go and listen to M. Sellers now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. btw, I listened to Peter Sellers, thought it was lovely, and forwarded the link to my man - and he thought it was lovely too... Awwwww!

      Delete